Summer is finally here and we are more than excited for all fun it hopes to bring. The parties, the hangouts, the return of the IJGB’s (I just got back), the reunions, the holiday vacation and the endless spending are a few of the many things summer has in store. In the midst of all that enjoyment, we want to make sure that you are kept abreast of the best in entertainment for the month of August. It’s best to know before time so you can plan accordingly, this information is for everyone but specifically for the introverts that prefer to stay indoors.
August promises an interesting line up of movies, music and TV shows that it is only right to let you know the best ones to anticipate.
In movies, August 3rd features an amazing list of movies.
- Mila Kunis and Kate Mckinnon give us action-comedy gold in The Spy Who Dumped Me. Mila Kunis famous for her role in Bad Moms makes this a must watch for those that want to have a good laugh.
- If you love science fiction movies or movies with people who have special abilities, you will be in for a treat with the Hollywood blockbuster, The Darkest Minds.
- Mercy Johnson Okojie comes back to the silver screen as Bisola in Nollywood’s Seven and a Half Dates produced by Toyin Abraham and definitely this movie is another comedy to look out for.
- The kids get to watch their all-time favourite cartoon characters Winnie the Pooh and Friends come to life in Disney’s Christopher Robin.
For the rest of the month,
- Jason Statham is back in The Meg on August 10th. We know any movie starring Jason Statham is going to be action-filled so put this down on your calendar.
- Want to see how marriage goes down with rich Asians? You do not want to miss the romantic comedy titled Crazy Rich Asians on August 15th.
- The action packed Mile 22 with Mark Wahlberg will definitely have you at the edge of your seat on August 17th
- August 24th has the horror movie lovers at heart with the incredible Slenderman hitting the cinemas.
The impressive line-up of new and returning TV shows include,
- August 1st
The impressive thriller The Sinner featuring Jessica Biel airs
- August 7th
A combination of past Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants in another competition to find love in Bachelor in Paradise airing on August 7th
- August 10th
Missed Run’s House? Catch Rev. Run and his wife in the new Netflix series, All about the Washington’s
Teen Drama Insatiable (Netflix) also airs
- August 12th
Fear the Walking Dead is back
Catch Dwayne Johnson in the new season of Ballers
Issa Rae and the gang are back to make your summer with Insecure
- August 20th
MTV Video Music Awards airs.
- August 24th
New Supernatural Teen Drama titled The Innocents airs
- August 31st
The highly anticipated action packed Jack Ryan airs and it’s a must watch.
- On August 3rd, Iggy Azalea releases her album titled Survive the Dream
- Nicki Minaj brings the fire on August 10th with her highly anticipated album titled Queen
- Ariana Grande with her incredible vocal range releases her album titled Sweetener on August 17th
- August 31st would have the release of Meghan Trainor’s Treat Myself album and Troye Sivan’s Bloom album
August is going to be a month of premium entertainment and you do not want to miss out on all the entertainment scheduled for your enjoyment. Tell us in the comment section which of these releases you are deeply anticipating.